Bilal Ahmad

Four houses damaged in fire mishap at Sopore

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Sopore: Four residential houses were gutted in a fire mishap in north Kashmir’s Sopore town on Monday morning, officials and reports said.

Reports said fire broke out from one of the a residential house at Shahabad locality of Sopore and rapidly spread to other nearby houses resulting in damage to around four residential houses. Five families were rendered homeless during the incident.

Reports added that firefighters, locals and police did their best to extinguish the fire.

An official said that houses were gutted completely in the fire incident. He said the cause of fire is said to be in electric short-circuit. The actual loss sustained during the inferno was yet to be assessed.

He identified the families’ heads whose properties were damaged in this mishap as, Habibullah Sheikh, Khazir Mohammad Sheikh, Shareef-ud-din Sheikh, Abdul Hamid Sheikh, and Ishfaq Ahmad Sheikh.

Meanwhile, the families and other locals of the area appealed to government and public to come forward and help the affected families.

Bilal Ahmad

Bilal Ahmad is a reporter and covers city beat and sports, can be contacted [email protected].

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.