Bilal Ahmad

Fire damages residential house, bandsaw mill in Sopore outskirts

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

SOPORE: A residential house and a bandsaw mill were engulfed in flames during a fire incident that occurred in the Sopore area of Baramulla district during the wee hours of Thursday.

Reports said that fire mysteriously broke out from the bandsaw mill of Fayaz Ahmad Bhat son of Haji Abdul Rehman of Shangerund area of Sopore.

“The fire was rapidly spread to his one storey residential house which is adjacent to the mill,” a local said.

As the flames spread all over, the machinery, timber and the valuable assets in the house including clothes and other goods were completely damaged.

Soon after fire engulfed the two structures in flames, fire tenders and local police reached the spot and doused the flames.

However, the cause of the fire is said to be an electric short-circuit.

Family and locals blamed the low-lying electric wires passing in the area saying these wires often get damaged due to short-circuit in the area.

“The PDD is responsible for such kind of fire incidents as we had informed them so many times in past to set the concrete electric poles in the area but they did not pay any heed to our pleas,” another local said.

Locals of the area appealed to Deputy Commissioner Baramulla and other concerned authorities of Sopore to assess the damage to property and provide compensation relief to the owner.


Bilal Ahmad

Bilal Ahmad is a reporter and covers city beat and sports, can be contacted bilal@kashmirvision.in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *