Bilal Ahmad

Fire engulfs Masjid, residential house in Sopore, 2 fire-fighters injured

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Sopore: Massive fire damaged a Masjid and a residential house in Tarzoo area of Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district during intervening night of Monday-Tuesday.

During the incident, two fire fighters also sustained fire injuries while dousing the flames, an official said.

The official said the massive fire broke out at Izzat Shah colony in Tarzoo area of Sopore in which a two-storey residential house and a nearby local masjid namely ‘Masjid Mustafa’ was engulfed in flames.

Officials from fire and emergency department Sopore said, they received the call at around 1.55am following which they rushed to the spot.

“The fire fighters faced a tough time while controlling the flames. One LPG cylinder also exploded in the incident in which two fire fighters identified as Ali Mohammad Reshi and Wajad Ahmad Dar sustained minor injuries,” the official said.

He said the fire fighters with the help of locals succeeded in bringing the flames under control and prevented them from spreading to other buildings.

“The cause of the fire is said to be an electrical short circuit,” the official said.


Bilal Ahmad

Bilal Ahmad is a reporter and covers city beat and sports, can be contacted bilal@kashmirvision.in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *