KV News

Seminary, several other structures gutted in fire incidents

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: A couple of structures including a seminary were gutted in fire incident across Kashmir Valley.
Official sources said that fire broke out at Madrasa Islamia Arabia Dar-ul-Salaam Baghwanpora Noorbagh area of Srinagar city during the intervening night of Thursday and Friday.
Though fire tenders reached the spot on time, however, the building suffered huge damage.
An official from the seminary said that belongings inside the building and roof-top were completely damaged in the fire incident.
A police official said that a case has been registered and the cause of fire is being ascertained.
Meanwhile, fire broke out in a joint residential house of Muhammad Shafi Bhat, Shahnawaz Ahmad Bhat, Lateef Ahmad Bhat and Hilal Ahmad Bhat sons of Abdul Gani Bhat of Peerbagh Rawalpora Srinagar resulting in damage to the roof top of the structure. Fire was brought under control by fire fighters with the assistance of local Police. No loss of life or injury was reported.
A police official said that the cause of fire was electric short circuit.
In another incident fire broke out in a departmental store belonging to Basit Yaseen Mir of Ward number one, Bandipora and resulted in damage to the departmental store and partial damage to a readymade shop belonging to Azhar Rasool of Qazipora.
Police later registered a case and started investigations( KNT)

KV News

Kashmir Vision cover all daily updates for the newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *