KV Correspondent

Over half a dozen shops gutted in Handwara Village

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Aatif Qayoom
Handwara: At least six shops were gutted in fire mishap at Wajhama village of Qaziabad in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Thursday morning.
According to locals, fire engulfed in the shop of Mohammed Sultan Thoker and spread to nearby shops resulting in damage to around half a dozen shops.
They said that the incident left goods worth lakhs of rupees damaged.
The locals said that soon after the mishap the locals alongwith the police and fire service personnel reached the spot and tried their best to douse the flames.
Meanwhile, Station House officer Qalamabad, Javid Ahmad confirmed that six shops were gutted in the fire incident, he however said that the cause of fire is believed to b e electric short circuit.
Ahmad further said that no one was hurt in the mishap.



KV Correspondent

Kashmir Correspondent cover all daily updates for the newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *