Chronology of events in Kashmir case
New Delhi: Following is the chronology of events in which the Supreme Court on Friday issued a slew of directions for lifting communication blockade in Jammu and Kashmir:
– Aug 5, 2019: Centre passes resolution to remove provisions of article 370, which gave special status to the erstwhile state of J&K.
– Aug 6: Advocate M L Sharma moves SC challenging abrogation of article 370.
– Aug 10: Kashmir Times editor Anuradha Bhasin moves SC against curbs on media after abrogation of article 370 in Kashmir.
– Aug 24: Press Council of India moves SC supporting Centre and J&K’s decision to impose restrictions on communication
– Aug 28 : SC issues notices to Centre, J&K on plea of Kashmir Times editor for removal of restrictions imposed on journalists
– Sep 5: SC fixes for hearing on Sep 16 various pleas on the issue
– Sep 16: SC asks Centre to restore normalcy in Kashmir
– Oct 16: SC asks J&K administration to place before it orders imposing communication restrictions
– Oct 24: How long restrictions will continue in valley, SC asks J&K administration
– Nov 6: SC seeks report from Centre on plying of public transport vehicles in J&K during restrictions
– Nov 27: SC reserves verdict on pleas challenging curbs in J&K
– Jan 10: SC asks J&K to review all curb orders within a week.