KV Correspondent

NAAC team ends its inspection of KU, will submit report to MHRD, UGC

NAAC team ends its inspection of KU, will submit report to MHRD, UGC
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: The 3-day inspection by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) peer team concluded on Saturday at Kashmir University (KU). The inspection team has arrived in varsity on Wednesday in connection with the renewal of NAAC accreditation of the varsity. The previous NAAC accreditation of the university had expired in May 2016.
During the three day visit, the NAAC inspection team interacted with the teaching and non-teaching staff of the varsity besides holding meetings with the heads of the departments and Deans of various faculties and administration.
“The team also assessed the performance of the north and south campus through PowerPoint presentation prepared by the respective directors of the campuses,” an official said who is dealing with the subject. The NAAC inspection team also visited Zakura campus to assess the functioning of the campus.
The NAAC team also interacted with the KU Alumnus besides retired vice chancellors of the varsity to take a feedback about the functioning of the university.
While the NAAC team is yet to submit the performance report of the varsity to MHRD and UGC, but the varsity administration is expecting a better rank this time given the improvement in the overall ranking of the University declared by the NIRF recently.
Recently, the Kashmir University (KU) was bagged 53rd position among the universities assessed in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)-2019. The varsity also bagged an overall ranking of 79 from amongst all universities, IITs and other institutions assessed by the MHRD under NIRF.
NAAC is an organization that assesses and accredits higher education institutions in India. It was formed after recommendations from National Policy on education (1986), which laid emphasis on upholding the quality of higher education in India.
An institution accredited by NAAC signifies that it has met certain standards of excellence across its operations. Apart from making educational institution eligible to grants from government of India there are major benefits for students as well.
During the last inspection in 2012, KU was given ‘A’ rank by NAAC peer team after they visited the varsity.
As per the revised UGC rules, the NAAC accreditation is done in two cycles which includes the self assessment wherein the varsity submits the Self Study Report (SSR) to NAAC after self assessment of the varsity.
“70 percent of the inspection is done on basis of the SSR while as remaining 30 percent is done by the team physically,” an official said.
To conclude the NAAC inspection, the peer team convened an “exit meeting” with the while staff of the University at the convocation complex. According to university official, the team will leave for New Delhi on Sunday.

KV Correspondent

Kashmir Correspondent cover all daily updates for the newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.