KV News

Thousands attended funeral of slain TeM militant at Handwara

Thousands attended funeral of slain TeM militant at Handwara
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Sopore: A militant affiliated with Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen was killed in a brief shootout between forces and militants in Handwara village of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on late Thursday evening, police said.
Police said that acting on a tip off, a naka was laid by Army’s 7 sector at Sagipora area on late Thursday evening.
“In the meantime, a car was signaled to stop, the militants traveling in it fired upon the naka party,” police said, adding that the fire was retaliated resulting into the killing of one militant and the body of the militant has been recovered along with arms and ammunition.
The slain militant was later identified as Naseer Ahmad Teli, of Gulabad Arampora Sopore who had recently joined Tehreek Ul Mujahideen outfit.
Teli a local militant affiliated with Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen was killed in a brief shoot out at Handwara village on Thursday evening.
He had joined the militant ranks a month ago and was a commander of TeM.
Naseer’s body was handed over to his family on late hours of Thursday night.
Meanwhile, thousands of people on Friday attended the funeral prayers of a slain militant, Naseer Ahmad Teli at Arampora area of Sopore on Friday morning.
People including men and women from Sopore and other adjoining areas assembled at his native village at Gulabad Arampora Sopore soon after his body reached there, where funeral prayers were offered.
Large numbers of mourners shouting pro-freedom slogans while carrying Naseer’s body in a procession to martyrs graveyard at Chinkipora Sopore for burial.
As the mourners were heading towards the ground where funeral prayers was being held, police fired tear gas canisters on them, thus leading to clashes in Arampora Sopore.
Massive clashes erupted in Arampora between government forces and protesters.
Slain was active since past one month as per his family, saying that he left home on October 03, 2018.
Meanwhile, authorities had ordered to close down all the educational institutions of main town Sopore including Degree College on Friday and ordered imposition of restrictions in parts of Sopore town in order to maintain law and order situation in the town.
Besides, the mobile internet services were also suspended in Sopore town since last mid night.

KV News

Kashmir Vision cover all daily updates for the newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *