Eight families rendered homeless as house gutted in fire
Jammu: Eight families were rendered homeless after a house was gutted in a fire that broke out due to a short circuit in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district Monday, police said.
The house was divided into 8 units in which eight families were residing. No casualties have been reported, they said.
The fire started due to a short circuit at Dogrian hamlet in Surankote tehsil, Sub Divisional Police Officer, Surankote, Riaz Ahmed said.
Fire tenders were called from Surankote and Poonch and were pressed into service to extinguish the fire, he said.
In another incident, one shop was gutted in a fire in Mendhar tehsil of Poonch district Monday, police said. (PTI)