KV Correspondent

Hakoora encounter: Slain militant not identified

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: The third militant who was killed in a gunfight along with his two associates was buried at Boniyar in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Monday night as he remaind ‘unidentified’ police sources said.

Sources said that the body of the unknown militant believed to be from Pakistan was buried with the help of local Auqaf on the intervening night of March 12 and 13 at around 1:30 am.

A police officer said after all efforts to identify the militant failed to fructify, he was buried in Boniyar.

The militant was killed along with his two associates Owais Shafi of Kokernag and Eesa Fazili of Soura, Srinagar in a gunfight with forces in Hakoora village of the district on late Sunday night.

Meanwhile, clashes between security forces and locals were witnessed from the twin localities of Soura and Kokernag which happened to be the native places of the slain militants.

On Tuesday clashes erupted in Soura and Nowshera areas of Srinagar city while traders observed a complete shutdown to mourn the death of a local militant Eisa Fazli.

Reports said that all the shops and business establishments remained closed while transport also remained off the roads.  

Eisa Fazli along with his two other associates were killed in a gunfight at Hakroo Kokarnag area of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Monday morning.   

A spontaneous shutdown was also observed in Kokernag area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district to mourn the death of Syed Owais Shafi another militant killed in the same gunfight.

All shops, schools and other business establishments remained closed in Kokernag tehsil, including villages like Zalangam and Vailoo, while public transport remained off the roads.

Owais had just completed his engineering degree when he joined militancy last year. Eisa Fazli was a B.Tech student at BGSB University when he left and joined militant ranks last year.

In Shopian at Gool Chakri area of the main town, some unknown persons hurled a petrol bomb in the busy market which created panic in the area. However, no one was injured in the attack.

KV Correspondent

Kashmir Correspondent cover all daily updates for the newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *