Couple dies of electrocution as tree falls on LT line amid heavy rains in Surankote
Poonch: An old couple died of electrocution amid heavy rains in Surankote area of Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir last night.
SHO Surankote Mohammad Anzar Mir said that late Sunday night heavy rains occurred in the area as a result of which the couple tried to prevent the flash floods from entering inside their house.
During the process, a tree fell on a LT wire which resulted in the electrocution of the duo, the SHO said.
He said that soon after getting the information about the incident a police team led by him immediately reached the spot and found the couple in an unconscious state.
The duo was immediately taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared both of them dead, the SHO said.
The officer identified the deceased as Mureed Hussain (58) and his wife Najma B (55) of Chati Bhatti, Surankote.
The bodies of the deceased were later handed over to the family for last rites after conducting all legal necessary formalities, he said. (GNS)