KV News

Govt says no to extension of NICO

Govt says no to extension of NICO
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Ops against militants to resume after Eid

Srinagar: The government has decided that anti-militant operations, suspended during the month of Ramzan, will be resumed.

Highly placed sources disclosed that the government has decided to give a ‘free hand’ to security forces to deal with the militants operating in the state.

The decision has been taken by the Narendra Modi government on the recommendations of security agencies who are operating in the state.

On March 16, the government had directed security forces in Jammu and Kashmir to follow what it called “non-initiation of combat operations” during the holy month of Ramzan.

The Non-Initiation of Combat Operations (NICO) was announced soon after the Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti asked the centre for the same in order to pave way for peaceful Ramadhan.

So far, in the month of Ramadhan, there have been a less number of incidents wherein any confrontation occurred between the militants and the security forces.

 

Subscribe by Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *