KV News

Four houses damaged in old city fire mishap

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: At least four residential houses were damaged in a fire incident at Islaam Yarbal area of Pathar Masjid in Srinagar’s Downtown late last night.

An official said that four residential houses were involved in the fire that broke out due to an electric short circuit.

He added that the attic portion, including roofing, ceiling, doors, windows, and household goods on the second and third floors of two four-storey houses were severely damaged in the fire.

Also, the roofing, ceiling, doors, windows, along with household goods on the first and second floor of the other two three-storey houses were partly damaged.

“At around 12:30 AM, a fire surrounded the area. Being a congested area, Fire and Emergency services could not reach here on time, but as they arrived, the fire was controlled, leaving four houses in ashes until 3:00 AM in the morning,” said a lady from Islaam Yarbal area, while asking for help from the administration.

Another house owner, while describing the scene, told KNO, “at around 12:45, cries filled the area, and when I looked out from the window, I saw the neighboring house on fire. As I ran out from my house along with my children, my entire house was engulfed in flames.”

“Now, we are appealing to the administration to help us as we have been left with nothing but ashes and a damaged house, and our belongings also got gutted in the blaze, and we want the administration to help us stand,” he added. (KNO)

KV News

Kashmir Vision cover all daily updates for the newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *