KV News

DDC Kupwara visits Machil, chairs review meeting

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Directs officers to achieve targets before end of working season

KUPWARA: The District Development Commissioner (DDC) Kupwara, Ayushi Sudan Thursday chaired a review meeting of District and Sectoral officers at the Meeting Hall of Tehsil Headquarters Machil.

Meeting was attended by SSP Kupwara, Yougal Manhas; PO ICDS, Hakeem Tanveer; ACD Kupwara, Hilal Mir; all other District and Sectoral officers. PRIs and locals of the Machil were also present in the meeting.

Chairman BDC Machil, GH. Rasool Khan, after expressing gratitude to Distt Dev. Commissioner for her focus on Border areas and her early visit to Machil, raised important developmental issues faced by the people. He opined that early review of District Dev. Commissioner will help kick-start all developmental projects, which is a crucial factor due to the short working season in the area.

Addressing the review meeting, DDC directed officers to achieve targets within the given timeline with due consideration to the working season.

Replying to the demands of old age pension and other social welfare schemes, the DDC directed social welfare officers to conduct a Special camp in Machil jointly with banks to resolve the issues of aadhaar and bank account mis-match. She urged residents of Machil to participate in these special camps.

While reviewing the progress of installation of mobile towers in Machil, DDC gave a time frame of one month to Airtel Company to install 4 towers in different areas of Machil so that people, especially students do not face problems.

BSNL authorities apprised DDC that BSNL is installing 5 towers in different areas of Machil to enhance mobile network connectivity.

While reviewing the health infrastructure at Machil, DDC directed CMO Kupwara to equip and up-skill existing staff so that basic life saving services are handled by existing doctors and para-medical staff.

CMO Kupwara was directed to identify the gaps and send a proposal so that on an internal adjustment basis some staff is deployed in Machil.

While replying to the demand of bringing Machil on tourism map, DDC urged locals of Machil to create an ecosystem and environment for eco-tourism activities.

She urged locals to come forward for homestays, and take special care of cleanliness, hygiene and food for tourists so that tourists get a good impression of Machil and the hospitality of people.

The DDC directed Chief Agriculture officer Kupwara to provide awareness and extension services to the farmers and introduce high yielding seeds in Machil.

It was informed that 90 percent habitation of Machil has already been electrified. She stressed upon the officers to cover remaining 10 percent habitations on priority.

AEE PDD was directed to ensure electrification of two uncovered schools within two days. She emphasized that the education department should explore options of smart classes/ tele education.

On the occasion, the DDC interacted with Gyas u-Din, first NEET qualifier from Machil, congratulated him on his success and took feedback from him about difficulties faced by the students of Machil area.

She emphasized upon PRIs to use  funds at their disposal judiciously so that local development takes place according to the aspirations of people.


KV News

Kashmir Vision cover all daily updates for the newspaper

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *